Young Architect Award
In the tradition of the American Institute of Architects’ College of Fellows, AIA Philadelphia’s Steering Committee of Fellows seeks to identify and recognize a young architect of exceptional achievement for past accomplishment and future promise.
A successful candidate must, through the materials presented to the Committee, display excellence and promise of future merit in one, two or all three of the following categories:
- Design Excellence: through the aesthetic or scientific application for the built environment;
- Practice: through leadership, management and/or specialized technical expertise;
- Education: through teaching, publications and/or research;
- Service: through exemplary service and contributions to the profession and/or society.
A candidate may choose to focus on a depth or breadth of contribution(s).
Nominees must be registered architect members of AIA Philadelphia between the ages of 25 and 39 as of the date of the application. Letters of recommendation will be accepted from any AIA Philadelphia member who has knowledge of the Nominee’s accomplishments.
Entry: All items listed below should be submitted as one single PDF no larger than 18MB. Please title pdf with Entrants name_YA (i.e. JaneSmith_YA).
- A one-page digest of achievements
- Three letters of recommendation from AIA members, only one of which may be from a Nominee's current employer or co-workers
- A declaration of the Nominee's responsibility signed by a firm principal is required for each submitted project. The declaration should indicate:
- that the Nominee was largely responsible for the project design;
- that the project was under the Nominee's direction as project manager;
- that the Nominee was the project architect; or
- a described level of responsibility.
- A brief biography of the Nominee, including date of birth, expanding upon the descriptions in the one-page digest; and
- Up to 20 8.5" x 11" pages, detailing the Nominee's achievements and role/contribution on
For more information, call Mary Werner DeNadai, FAIA, chair of the Steering Committee of Fellows, at 610-388-0111.
Young Architect Award Entries Due: Friday, September 1, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. Click here to submit your entries.
Paul Avazier, AIA, LEED AP BD+C, NCARB
Fon S. Wang, AIA, LEED AP
James Oleg Kruhly
Daniela Holt Voith
David Whatley Hinson
Rachel Simmons Schade
Patrick Stewart Mcdonough
Danielle DiLeo Kim