Urban Design Committee
This year’s Urban Design Committee will be investigating cycling within Philadelphia with a lens on the effects Socially, Culturally, Economically and Infrastructurally within the city.
Programming will include a multi-disciplinary panel for a candid discussion slated for the first week in December 2019 regarding bicycling and how the companies, organizations and communities these individuals represent are championing their goals, where support is needed and the challenges each confronts. This will be an opportunity for a diverse group of individuals to share the work they have been cultivating with the design professionals of Philadelphia.
Erin Roark, AIA, LEED AP
Modesto Bigas-Valedon, AIA, LEED AP, NCARB
Sophia Lee, AIA, CPHC®, LEED AP BD+C
Urban Design Committee News
- AIA Philadelphia Urban Design Committee - Introduction (08/17/2020)
- Listening & Learning #BLM (07/07/2020)
- "The President's House" by Kelly/Maiello Architects" (08/26/2020)
- Dox Thrash House (08/26/2020) - Guest post by Meaghan Finney, Co-Chair of the Historic Preservation Committee
- "Untitled" by Amy Sherald (09/02/2020)
- African American Museum in Philadelphia (10/29/2020)
- Pavilion in the Trees (11/02/2020)
- Preserving Jazz Legend John Coltrane's House in Strawberry Mansion (11/11/2020)
- Julian Abele, and his work on the Philadelphia Art Museum (01/21/2021)