Joining as an AIA, Associate AIA, or International Associate Member provides you with an opportunity to connect with a community of architects, suppliers and member firms you can turn to for design inspiration, career development and answers to the challenges you confront as an architect. Individuals joining the AIA become three-tiered members of the association with membership to national, state and local components. Each tier offers valuable benefits. Membership is established through AIA National, to view benefits and to join, please use the following links.
AIA Associate Members
Associate membership is open to individuals who meet one of the following criteria: professional degree in architecture; currently work under the supervision of an architect; currently enrolled in the Architectural Experience Program (AXP) and working toward licensure; or faculty member in a university program in architecture. To view AIA Member benefits and join, click here.
AIA International Associate Members
Individuals who have an architecture license or equivalent from a non-U.S. licensing authority are eligible for International Associate membership. To view AIA Member benefits and join, click here.
Special Offer for New Graduates... FREE Dues for up to 18 Months
The AIA is pleased to extend you the offer of "First Year Free" membership. Join now to receive up to 18 months free from the date of your graduation. These could be the most important 18 months of your career. AIA Philadelphia Associate Committee programs include: lecture series, construction tours, philanthropy, competitions, and social events. To learn more and apply, visit www.aia.org/join/assoc-newgrad/
AIA Philadelphia Individual Member Benefits
- Professional development through educational programs and committees
- Representation on local government issues
- Discount on all purchases on www.aiabookstore.com
- Discounts on AIA Contract Documents and electronic subscriptions
- Subscriptions to Context, the Journal of AIA Philadelphia magazine and The Philadelphia Architect email newsletter
- Discounted registration to CES programs
- Discounted tickets to the Louis I. Kahn Memorial Lecture
- Exclusive invitations to the board induction ceremony, annual meeting, fall social, and holiday party
- Group health insurance plans, including prescriptions, vision and dental options
- Discount on individual disability insurance plans
- Discounts on other services through AIA National
Update Your Profile
Have you moved? Switched jobs? Or need to update your contact information? Simply log into your AIA MyProfile account to make your changes.
Are you transitioning from an Associate member to an AIA member? Are you moving out of state? Or did you just retire and are looking to become an Emeritus Member? Email [email protected] to get a copy of the appropriate transfer form.