The Summer 2019 issue of Context focuses on the Philadelphia Historic Preservation Task Force and how it can be used as a tool for the betterment of all of Philadelphia's neighborhoods.

Special Offer
for AIA Philadelphia Members

Architectural Record is offering AIA Philadelphia Members the chance to continue their subscription for a special rate of $49 for a full year. To view the offer and continue your subscription, click here.

May 10, 2019
|
Allied News

Preserving the Past While Welcoming the Future: Local Veterinary Hospital Celebrates Ribbon-Cutting Ceremony at New Location

By C. Raymond Davis & Sons, Inc.
Dr. Lindsay Shreiber cutting the ribbon at Valley Veterinary Hospital's new facility

Phoenixville, PA – A crowd gathered last Friday on a chilly spring morning to celebrate the official ribbon-cutting ceremony for the new location of Valley Veterinary Hospital, built by C. Raymond Davis & Sons and designed by Carnevale Eustis Architects.

The local veterinary practice had been operating out of its former location on Main Street since 1996, and having grown substantially over the years, was in need of a larger, updated facility to better serve their patients. The veterinary practice purchased a historic building located on Route 23 in Phoenixville, formerly known as the Bull Tavern. Built in 1734, the building originally housed the Sentry Tavern, which once served merchants traveling between Philadelphia and Lancaster.

The project scope included renovating the existing two-story structure and building a one-story, 17,774 sqft addition. Part of the renovation process involved carefully restoring the existing building to code without sacrificing its historic character. The layer of stucco on the façade was removed, the original stone underneath was restored, and a new shingle roof, windows, and green shutters were installed. The exterior of the new addition is comprised of stucco and HardiePlank over metal studs.

The new 22,774 sqft facility features a spacious lobby, state-of-the-art surgical suites, a complete diagnostics lab, full digital dental radiography, ultrasound, boarding facilities for dogs and cats, grooming and daycare amenities, and several offices.

Those in attendance at the ceremony included Valley Veterinary staff, patrons, and vendors, as well as several members of the C. Raymond Davis team, Carnevale Eustis Architects, and members of the local community.

“We’re very excited to dedicate the building today and continue the mission of Valley Veterinary Hospital,” said Dr. Lindsay Shreiber, VMD, owner of Valley Veterinary Hospital. “We’ve moved from one physical location that we had outgrown, that was small, and that we needed to move on from into this gorgeous, brand-new facility with the help of everyone here.”

C. Raymond Davis is proud to have partnered with Valley Vet as their builder in this exciting project to both better serve the community and preserve our local history.

Founded in 1928, C. Raymond Davis & Sons is an award-winning construction management firm specializing in institutional, commercial, and high-end custom home construction. CRD is headquartered in Kimberton, PA, with branch offices located in Princeton, NJ, and Bolton Landing, NY. For more information please visit www.craymonddavis.com.

©Copyright 2008-2019 AIA Philadelphia. All Rights Reserved.