Mid-Atlantic Wood Design Symposium, Mass Timber
Symposium cost of $120 includes lunch and reception.
AIA PA members and component chapter members: use the code ASSOC20 during registration for 20% off.
Learn about mass timber from the experts. Join us for a day-long symposium for architects, engineers, building owners and anyone interested in the exciting possibilities of mass timber building design.
Choose from 10 unique sessions that include case studies on some of the most innovative mass timber buildings in North America:
• The Mass Timber Revolution: Removing Obstacles, Breaking Ground
Tanya Luthi, PE, Fast + Epp
• Correcting Misperceptions of CLT Fire Performance
David Barber, Arup
• Enclosure Design for Mass Timber Buildings
Colin Shane PE, MEng, PEng, RDH Building Science Inc.
• Urban Solutions for a Global Carbon Challenge: Timber City
Alan Organschi, Gray Organschi Architecture
• Designing with Glulam and Timber: The Art of Engineering Really Cool Structures
Jim DeStefano, PE, AIA, F.SEI, DeStefano & Chamberlain
• Massive but Lean: How Design + Construction Efficiency Led One Mass Timber Project to Success
Christopher Evans, LEED AP, and William Silva, Swinerton Builders
• Cross-Laminated Timber in the Capital: Washington Latin Public Charter School Gym
Ann Neeriemer, AIA, LEED AP, Perkins Eastman
• TallWood House at Brock Commons – Prefabricated Timber at its Peak
Karla Fraser, Urban One Builders Construction Management Inc.
• Big Timber in the Big Apple: NYC’s first Modern Mass Timber Projects
Todd L. Wilson, AIA, LEED AP, Flank
• The Mass Timber Prospective: Tall Wood, Code Changes and Forest Resource Impacts
Kathryn Fernholz, Dovetail Partners, and Jeff Morrow, Lendlease
Attendees will have an opportunity to meet leading manufacturers and related suppliers at the industry exhibit showcase, as well as WoodWorks staff and other wood design experts.