Align Your Messaging and Win More Work | Session #3
AIA/SMPS Member: $20
AIA Philadelphia and SMPS Philadelphia jointly present this three-part series to provide you with the tools to align your brand messaging through three channels: business development, digital collateral, and proposal submissions.
Attendees will hear successful marketing strategies and lessons learned from expert panels. Following the panel discussion, attendees will receive real-time feedback on their firm’s approach to marketing and business development. All programs will begin with a 30-minute networking session, beer, wine, soda, water, and light snacks. (50-person cap for roundtable discussions).
Session 3: CREATING A WINNING SUBMISSION
Attendees should come prepared with a redacted proposal they would like critiqued
This session will focus on proposal development; it is not just a task for the marketing department. An expert panel of proposal development specialists will discuss best practices when pursuing, evaluating, and responding to proposal opportunities. Individuals will participate in roundtable discussions where they will review and receive constructive criticism on their firm’s proposal materials and qualifications (all proprietary information should be removed).
In addition to getting direct feedback on individual firm submissions from proposal development specialists, attendees will learn best practices for positioning their firm to win proposal opportunities; learn how to make informed Go/No Go decisions; understand when the use of boilerplate materials is acceptable; understand how clients review/separate proposal responses
1. Barbara Jane Jasionek, Marketing Specialist, USA Architects Planners + Interior Designers
2. Katie Craven, CPSM, Marketing, Communication and Brand Manager, Watchdog Real Estate Project Management
3. Stacy Barrett, Senior Proposal Manager, STV
4. Josh Martin, CPSM, Marketing Manager, P. Agnes
5. Moderator: Angel Taylor, Marketing Manager, E&LP
1. Katie Craven, CPSM, Marketing, Communication and Brand Manager, Watchdog Real Estate Project Management
2. Afton Pascal, CPSM, Assistant Director, Marketing Communications, McCormick Taylor
3. Josh Martin, CPSM, Marketing Manager, P. Agnes
4. Stacy Barrett, Senior Proposal Manager, STV
5. Barbara Jane Jasionek, Marketing Specialist, USA Architects Planners + Interior Designers
6. Katie Petrovich, CPSM, Accounting/Marketing, The Kercher Group
Who is SMPS Philadelphia?
SMPS Philadelphia, a Chapter of the Society for Marketing Professional Services (SMPS), is a community of marketing and business development professionals working to secure profitable business relationships for their A/E/C companies. Through networking, business intelligence, and research, SMPS members gain a competitive advantage in positioning their firms successfully in the marketplace. SMPS offers members professional development, leadership opportunities, and marketing resources to advance their careers.
SMPS’s mission is to advocate for, educate, and connect leaders in the building industry. SMPS’s vision is Business Transformation through Marketing Leadership. The core purpose of the society is to enrich knowledge and advance practices that build business for professional services firms. The core values that guide the behavior of SMPS are Innovation, Integrity, Life-long learning, Relationships, and Service.