2018 Design Awards Events Schedule
- Submissions Live - June 1, 2018
- How to Submit a Winning Entry - June 13, 2018 (Webinar) at 12 p.m.
- Design Awards Jury - September 17, 2018
- Submissions due for Design Awards / Young Architect / PEAPrize / Board Submissions - August 31, 2018 at 11:59 p.m.
- Exhibit Boards due - Friday, September 21, 2018 at 5 p.m.
- Exhibit - October 3 - 13, 2018 (BOK)
- Exhibit - October 18 - November 15, 2018 (Center for Architecture and Design)
- 2018 Design Awards Gala - Wednesday, November 7, 2018, Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts
New This Year!
To bring the Philadelphia AIA Awards for Design Excellence program into closer alignment with the Institute's core values surrounding sustainability, all submissions are expected to include information regarding the project's Sustainability aspects on the form provided. All projects will be eligible for special recognition with a Green Ribbon at no additional cost.
Green Ribbon: Awarded to works that exemplify design innovation or impact through a holistic design solution that demonstrates how environmentally and socially sustainable design and building performance strategies have been integrated with the project's broader design goals.
2018 Design Awards Toronto Jury:
- A.J. Diamond, FRAIC, Hon. FAIA (Diamond + Schmitt Architects)
- Brigitte Shim, Hon. FAIA (Shim-Sutcliffe Architects)
- Maria Denegri, RAIC (Denegri Bassai Studio)
- Meg Graham, FRAIC (superkul)
- Siamak Hariri, FRAIC, Int'l Assoc. AIA (Hariri Pontarini Architects)
Design Awards Submission FAQs
- I am not currently a Member Firm with the AIA Philadelphia Chapter. Do I need to be a Member Firm in order to enter the Design Awards competition? Yes, you need to be a current Member Firm in order to submit for the Design Awards Competition and Divine Detail Competition. For more information on how to join, please contact Julianne Foley, Member Services & Events Manager at [email protected].
- I will be submitting three projects for the Design Awards. Should I complete three registration forms? Yes, you will need to complete three separate entry applications. You will be prompted to pay at the end of each entry.
- Do I have to start and finish my submission in one session? Yes. You must complete your entire submission(s) by the deadline date at 11:59pm EST.
- Can I submit a few days late? No. In the interest of fairness to all participants, no late entries will be accepted.
Showcase a Project Submit a board of project work that will be on display at Bok during DesignPhiladelphia from Oct. 3 - Oct. 13 and at the Center for Architecture and Design from Oct. 18 - Nov. 15. Click here to submit a board for the exhibit!
Sponsorships are now available for the 2018 Design Awards Gala! Click here to download the sponsorship packet. If you have any questions, please contact Member Services & Events Manager, Juli Foley, at [email protected] or call 215-569-3186, ext. 101.
Call 215-569-3186, ext. 101 or
Email Julianne Foley at [email protected]